Morphix Flatiron Grip
The Morphix Flatiron Grip is the next generation expansion of the original Humbolt grip. While incorporating the same ergonomic principles and advantages of the Humbolt, the Flatiron’s thinner profile facilitates a 45º angle for shading when resting naturally in the artist’s hand.
A unique grip with an organic shape designed to help relieve stress on the usual pressure points during use. Artists will find the contours intuitive and well placed. Most importantly, they’ll provide added leverage and control to help reduce “clenching” and fatigue.
- Wide at the top / flat on the back design offsets the weight and vibration over a larger surface area adding to overall comfort.
- Thinner profile rests more naturally in the cradle of your hand compared to round grips
- Composite material feels more like metal than nylon or plastic
- Metal threads are incorporated for years of use
- Designed for use by right and left-handed artists
- Designed for routine steam-heat sterilization
- 2.25″ height (5.7cm), 1.4″ wide at the top (3.5cm), .85″ depth at top (2.1cm), 56g weight
- Artist's comments: "great control", "I'm able to pull longer lines", "easier cornering"
Artists most likely to realize the advantages of the Morphix Flatiron generally fall into two categories:
1. Those who routinely hook their middle finger under a 1" grip, wedged between the grip and tip, will experience greater comfort and control in the Bird’s Nest.
2. Those whose primary hand position resembles the image below: